Vegan Toasted Brussel Sprouts Recipe
We absolutely love brussel sprouts. It’s funny that we used to really not like them – those boiled or steamed brussel sprouts you get at Chinese buffets. But ever since our friends, Kyle and Jenny, made us this dish, we’ve been having brussel sprouts at least once a week! It is absolutely so good for you, full of omega-3, iron, and vitamin K, and it’s delicious!
We often have it with toasted sweet potato slices and Alicia’s cauliflower steaks from her Kind Life Book. I’ve read that broccoli, brussel sprouts and kale are the three most important veggies for vegans, so try it out, and maybe you’ll end up making it at least once a week like us! 😉
Vegan Toasted Brussel Sprouts Recipe (Serves 4)
1 bunch of brussels sprouts (1 pound)
2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
sea salt and ground black pepper
2 teaspoons of vegan parmesan (optional)
1. Wash and dry brussel sprouts with clean towel.
2. Trim the stems and cut in half.
3. On medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and place brussels sprouts in the pan flat side down.
4. Once it shows a hint of brown, turn heat down to medium and cover. Cook for around 3-5 more minutes. (Taste to see if it’s just-tender. Don’t cook it too long, it’ll get too tender, and that will not be as good! ).
5. Uncover, turn up the heat. Flip them over so the other side gets brown and add 1 more tablespoon of olive oil. Cook for several minutes.
6. Once it’s slightly tender, turn up the heat to high and toss around for 30 seconds (I like it toasted!).
7. Add salt, pepper to taste (and vegan parmesan – optional) and serve immediately. Enjoy! 😉
Make sure to cook till brown on both sides!